Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 328, Greetings from NY!


Laura, NY Subway, July, 2007

A few days ago I picked up seven small boxes of film from Louisville, KY. These boxes represent the culmination of the last five years of my life, and the future of Boonville. The last year will always mean so much more then a few boxes of film, but there is an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction when holding the (near) entirety of the project in my hands -- It really blows my mind that all the sweat and tears, in its physical form, can simply be held in my arms!

Over the last year I've pretty much been in my own world, but now I'm finally back and dealing with the reality of it all. I'm excited about the editing process, etc. But I'm completely broke, have no income at all, do not have a job lined up, and I'm desperately trying to rebuild my relationship with Laura (I believe we are on the road to a healthy recovery!). Not to mention coming down from being on the road for the last 300+ days and having the weight of the projects completion on my shoulders.

Over the last few days that I've been home, I've been having trouble sleeping, I can't sit still, and the anxiety is giving me crushing headaches. Although I currently feel like it's all crashing in around me, I'm embracing every minute of it. I worked for a very long time to make it to this place. And as I sat in my kitchen staring out the window today, I remembered the long nights in which I would dream about this moment. I'm extremely grateful and proud. And very excited! Stay tuned. More on editing and the next phase soon.

Labels: