Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kody


Kody, Midnight Milking, Boonville, New York, 2007

Last week I received some tragic news about a dear friend in Boonville, NY. During the time I was in NY, I stayed with the Beasock Family for three or four weeks. The time spent with them and in NY was some of the most productive, inspiring and enlightening times I had over the course of the entire trip.

I cannot fully express how amazing the Beasock Family was. They took me into their home and cared for me as if I was one of their own. We had a sit-down dinner almost every night. I went hunting with them, carved pumpkins on Halloween, and witnessed their immense love for one another first hand.

Sadly, their youngest boy, Kody, and his brother Christopher, were in a terrible dirt-bike accident on Memorial day. Kody passed away instantly (he was only twelve), and Chris is in critical condition in Syracuse. I want to, and could, write an entire thesis about those two boys and their love for each other and the outdoors. But right now I can't. I love those boys, and that family very much. And I am still at a loss for words.

*Taken from a post about the Beasock Family, dated November, 3, 2007 (click HERE for post):
"I don't have a favorite, but Kody reminds me of myself at his age: Loud, obnoxious, and hilarious, with a slight touch of brilliance--if I may say so."

...

Labels: