Monday, June 9, 2008

Hannah Montana


Somewhere in Montana, June 8, 2008

A lot has happened over the last few weeks. Laura and I started out on a great road trip that ended up being awesome, terrible, horrible, and awesome. It's back to being somewhere between terrible and horrible. Laura flew home from Spokane, WA yesterday: The road, and the stop-and-go was getting to her -- and of course there is being stuck in a small car with me.

I will write more later, but the bottom line is that Boonville, and my (often selfish) obsession with the road and my work, has damaged our relationship. There were many times on this trip I struggled with this projects purpose, and the purpose of life and art in general. These are thought-provoking and important questions -- in my opinion -- but right now none of it seems remotely worth it.

After Laura flew out, I went across the street to fill up the car with gas. I was shocked to find out my bank card get denied. It turns out that I recently lost track of my bank acct while traveling, and I now have a balance of -$27. I then realize my emergency CC expired just last month, and all I have is $20 in cash. I pulled out the greatly-in-debt Amex card used for Boonville, and although it is far passed max, it still worked. And to top it all off, my cell phone has not had service since.

I am in Montana now, and will be heading to Devils Tower and Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands today. I hope to be home soon. I am very tired of being on the road, and all I want to do is figure out my life, my relationship and to sleep in my own bed for the first time since November.

Labels: