Saturday, April 19, 2008

I Can't Paint

Noel Rodo-Vankeulen started a photography blog in December, 2007 called We Can't Paint. It's turned into my favorite morning coffee spot. I can say many things about Noel. But the bottom line is that he shows great work, asks great questions, he's extremely intelligent and there's no bullshit attached.

Over the last few months I have been sending Noel images from my Boonville work. I sent him a few pieces for an interview he did with me awhile back (Interview and images HERE), and Noel took the time to write me a wonderful review of each image. I have been sending him work ever since, and he has continued to send me lengthy reviews.

Noel has a way with words and he has an understanding of photography and art unlike anyone I have known.

I'm very excited about his upcoming project.



"We Can’t Paint Magazine and We Can’t Paint Gallery will become extensions of my blog, permitting both a lengthier viewing experience and a broader forum to contemplate issues concerning the medium. For me these two new additions are not replacing the We Can’t Paint blog, but they are natural progressions of expanded ideas and collaborations."
For more info, and to learn how to submit work for We Can't Paint--blog, magazine, and gallery--go HERE.

Labels: