Friday, March 7, 2008

TX update: Bugs and Crack

I cracked my Mamyia 7 (camera) and flash last night. Crap!

Also, It was too cold and wet to camp, so I stayed in a shitty motel. I woke up at 3am with a terrible nightmare -- bugs were crawling all over me, and eating me alive. I instantly went into a panic and thought I was actually being eating alive -- not a far stretch considering the place I am staying.

The camera still works. Just doesn't focus properly. And the cable release cracked off and is jammed all up in it. I was having a blast shooting though. So I kept on it. I hope the shot was worth it. The flash works, but the hotshoe is completely gone. So I can still attach a sync cord, or hand hold it. Not so bad. Gotta send the 7 off to Mamiya -- not looking forward to that bill.

Otherwise, I'm doing great. Enjoying sleeping in a bed, and got some film back today. I'm excited about a few things. Some early images were just studies -- some of which I was hoping would be finals, but it's back to the beginning for those guys.

I'm in TX for about twelve more days. I'm slowly figuring out my place in it, and I'm looking forward to the coming week -- and CA!

Labels: