Tuesday, March 4, 2008

In Search of America, Part 3


Chevy Truck, Texas Flag, Boonville/Bryan, TX

I'm having a good time in Texas. I'm still not quite secure in how I'm feeling about the former Boonville, and how I will approach it, but I have started to produce a few things I am really excited about -- we will see how I feel after seeing them in a few days.

Texas is strange. It's hard to describe, but if you have ever been here, you know what I mean. It's everything and at the same time it is nothing. Very strange. Very big.
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word." John Steinbeck, Travels with Charlie: In Search of America, 1962
I'm currently struggling with having to drop Laura off at the airport. We spent the last few days in Austin, and now she is back in NY. After finally being back together for the first time in over two months, we are again separated. Three days is only long enough to make us miss each other more.

Labels: