Friday, January 25, 2008

Hell Week, Indiana, Day 5


Very Cold!, Jan. 24, 2008, Boonville, IN

"Hell Week" has been a success. I have been out shooting everyday this week but one. And that is all I have been doing.

During these travels I've come closer to fully understanding myself and my art then ever before. But I've come to find that I am lazy. I often make myself angry over this conclusion, and I will probably always feel guilty for said weakness. But now I have come to accept it and work around it. It's not just laziness, I also lose my train of thought very quickly, as well as my focus. I simply cannot do two things at once.

So to make the most of my last week in Boonville, Indiana, I am doing nothing but waking up around 7:30am, going to the cafe to eat my daily Hobo and to watch a few episodes of Twin Peaks, maybe write in my journal, and then go to the house to pick up my camera and gear. Then the day begins. A whole three to six hours of roaming the Boonvilles streets, bars, etc., looking for those damn elusive moments that I will try to transfer onto film. Then back to the house around 6:30pm to find some food, pace back and forth, watch a movie, and then to bed.

I simply can't deal with anything other then shooting or thinking about shooting. I try not to answer the phone, or engage with family or friends, or go out to eat, etc. Anything that will take my mind away from either photography, or just zoning out, is bad. That is "Hell Week."

It's more like "Awesome Week," now that I have it figured out.

Labels: