Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hell Week, Indiana


Aaron Mauck's Guest bedroom, Boonville, IN, Jan, '08

This is my last week in town and it will be filled with lots of shooting. I've come a long way since that first hell week in Missouri. The traveling is a lot harder on me, but both my work and my work ethic has become as close to solid as it may ever get. I still break down, as you well know, but I seem to have a better understanding of myself, and what I need to do to get through it.

last night I checked off two items on my to-photograph list. And while doing so, I stumbled upon something that could really be great. There have been a few times while on this trip, probably four, were I really thought I captured something special. One of the greatest feelings in the world, for me anyway, is when you look in the camera, and the projected image on the ground glass simply hits you like a ton of bricks. Those moments (for me) are few and far between, but they do exist, and it is truly a wonderful experience. This time it was a landscape, and that image will stay burned into my mind until the moment I see the film. And then I will probably be disappointed, again. Wish me luck this week. It is cold.

Labels: