Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Can I Come Home With You Tonight?


Untitled (Can I Come Home With You Tonight?), Copyright Jane Tam

As many of you know, I have received all of my monetary support for this ten-month insanity from friends, family, and artists--I'm extremely grateful. As I'm approaching the finish line, I'm now about five grand in the hole. What better time to give back, right? I just bought the above print, created by Jane Tam, and I just sent Jason L. a check for his exhibition catalog.

Spending money is not something that normally makes me happy (I'm a bit down as my previous post will explain). But if I see a good opportunity, and if the majority of the proceeds go to the artists, or non-profits that give back to the community, like Cannery Works (my support), and Humble, then I'll do what I can--and sometimes even if I can't.

Support good art.

...

Labels: